- Follow the Verona Road Top level of the Verona site
- Embarking on the Journey How the story was created
- The Story What is it about?
- Interactive Facebook Experience Interacting in real time with the audience on Facebook
- Fringe Festival Premiere Learn more about our experience at the Minnesota Fringe Festival in Minneapolis
- A Shakespeare Show Without Shakespeare See what peope said about our adaptation of Shakespeare
- The Music Music is a huge part of who we are and what we do
- How the Show Was Created Learn about what went into making On the Road to Verona
- The Cast Find out who these zany actors are
- Traveling to the Renaissance How we brought Verona to The Minnesota Renaissance Festival (and bonus information on our involvement there)
- Continuing the Journey How we can bring Verona to you.
The Minnesota Renaissance Festival is the largest renaissance festival in the United States, with an annual attendance of 300,000. The Minnesota SkyVault Theatre Company has been performing at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival since 2014, and we expanded our Renaissance Festival cast this year, with about 60 — adults and youth — participating with us, including a couple of actors from the Twin Cities metro area.
In 2014, the first year SkyVault participated in the Minnesota Renaissance Festival, they were presented with the Bottomless Hat Award for Best New Act.
Sherwood Forest, opened in 2015, and occupied by our cast of merry men, archers, and musicians, has become one of the largest areas within the Festival grounds, with an average of 12,000 people per day coming through in 2016.
SkyVault troupe members also ran the Castle Escape this year.
Photos from the 2016 Renaissance Festival, with Sherwood Forest actors and the SkyVault Minstrel Troupe:
Photos from the 2015 Renaissance Festival, with Sherwood Forest actors and the SkyVault Minstrel Troupe:
Daved Driscoll as William Shakespeare, bidding the crowd farewell at the end of the night, with the SkyVault troupe throwing flowers to the revelers.